Monday, January 31, 2011

085

Okay, again, out of sequence, but I've got something I want you to see. This is an anthology submission I'm turning into today. It's only 5 pages but also acts as a springboard for a larger story I'm working on. I've been working on this story for about a year and a half - and most of it was to figure out what story to tell.

It's set in Wise, Virginia, where I spent 6 months on my mission and fell in love with the little coal town. It's a great place, but has a lot of people who are suffering. It took me a long time to find the right angle and story to tell, but I think I've got it. It's a love letter but a stark story.

Anyways, check it out and let me know what you think.




It should be noted that I wrote, penciled, toned, and lettered the comic, but the amazing David Stoll inked it (and I could NOT have finished it in time without his great inks).

No comments:

Post a Comment