Friday, August 26, 2011

179

The last commission of the show I did was for a guy who walked up with two themed sketch books. As soon as he said "Lost" I almost jumped over the table to grab it. Though I was burned by the last season, the experience of watching that show for 6 years was a major highlight to my entertainment life.

Traditionally, I'll do a one-character sketch for the baseline price. As soon as I started looking at the sketchbook and all the other pics people had drawn, I knew I had to give him a little extra. This is what he got (crappy camera phone picture, apologies):
Keeping in mind that this thing is only like 4x7 and done with just some marker pens, I think it turned out pretty darn well. The guy, needless to say, was ecstatic too. He loved it. I loved it. There was loving all around.

Oh Lost, how I love thee. This reminded me how much I still do. Guess it's time to rewatch the show, finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment