Tuesday, October 5, 2010

015

Okay, here are the pieces I've been slaving away at for nearly two weeks. Again, the best pieces I've done to date (which will not be the case in about, oh, a week - things move fast around here), but still room for improvement.

I'll probably hate them when I post them on the wall for the class critique tomorrow - ha!

Assignment was four environment pieces. Contemporary setting, two point perspective, with (at least) four people. Two pieces were interior and two exterior. They had to contain a common thread/story. Mine was just a character in all pieces.

I had a blast drawing them. It was challenging to add as much detail as possible - also, to up the blacks to make the composition pop more. The professor challenged me to not add any cross hatching (the abundance of lines you typically see on my work), which indicates gray. It was hard. I love cross-hatching. And it works great in gritty scenes. But I resisted and pushed myself. I think it worked out well.

What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment