Monday, October 18, 2010

018

This is the Swamp Thing done in the stylings of John Totleben.

John is an amazing artist who primary inked others and worked in the 1980s. He gained popularity on the Swamp Thing and, later, a EYE-POPPING few issues on Alan Moore's Miracleman.

Miracleman is nearly impossible to read - very sold out and old. I was lucky enough to get about 10 of the first 15 issues at con for only about $65 - killer deal - but the few issues I'm missing will cost me about $200-250. So, I will wait on those.

Anyways, as part of a school project I was supposed to pick some artists and draw some images using techniques I learned from them. I love the detail John does - it's incredible. So that's what I went for.
You can just feel the swamp, can't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment